Central Manor Church Family,
I pray that this letter finds you well. We are praying for the church every day. The Pastors and staff are doing everything we can to keep you connected and up to date. The whole world seems to have come to a standstill, but the church continues on. God’s purposes through us continue.
We have been compiling a list of ways we can continue to carry out the mission as believers. It is inconvenient because we have not prioritized our online ministry in the past the way we are being forced to now. This is a blessing even though it is inconvenient. It’s a blessing because we are now ministering to an expanding group of people that are identifying with us online. Not that the church will grow in numbers when we get together physically, but that from here on out we have an expanded online following. We should seek to continue to identify as a local church but also gladly expand electronically. Our local church is the trunk of the tree and we need you to remain engaged. The branches are us carrying out the mission to make more and better disciples. The staff has been working on ways to help us all better connect. Currently, Pastor John Jewers is fine-tuning lists for care and communication. John will be letting you know more details on that in the coming week. I have been praying that we come out of this pandemic stronger than when we came into it.
Here are some ways you can remain engaged…
- Join with us in our online services at centralmanorchurch.online.church. The most important are the 8:15 and 10:45 worship services on Sunday mornings. Other times are available as well if you have trouble logging in on Sundays (Saturdays at 6:30 p.m., Sundays at 1:00 p.m., and Mondays at 6:30 p.m.). We want people to join together at these times to provide a sense of church-wide participation.
- Join us at 9:30 on Sunday mornings on our Facebook page for an interactive Sunday School lesson as we continue working through our Gospel Project curriculum. Our Pastors are also on Facebook Live weeknights at 7:30 with a brief devotional that connects to the lesson taught on Sunday morning. Join us live or watch, like, and share the recording later at your convenience.
- Click on our online programs and posts and like and share them. This engenders a sense of community and gives others opportunity to join in that community. God is working in hearts during this time of difficulty. We want to be a ready resource for some who did not formerly know of us.
- Comment in the online conversation boxes when we do our worship services on Sundays at centralmanorchurch.online.church. This helps us to know you are there and that we are not worshipping alone but together.
- Let us know if you have ideas for improvement. Good ideas! Lol
- For those in existing ministry groups, call the people in your group, class, or realm of impact. Pastor John is in the middle of creating more opportunities for that.
- To provide some measure of care for our congregation during this time, our members and regular attenders have been divided into manageable groups that have been assigned to our pastors, elders, and deacons. Beginning next week, it is the goal of our leaders to connect with those in their respective group at least once a week to receive feedback on the physical, financial, and spiritual health of those under our care. In time, this care will be provided through our members as our small group ministry takes greater shape. For now, we feel this is the best approach to do what we can to meet needs from a distance. Our leaders will be reaching out via phone, email, or text. Please feel free to share burdens and praises. We’d love to hear what God is doing in your life during this time apart.
- Let us know of people in need of help. We can pray and have limited resources to help them with food, money, or help in other ways.
- Minister over the phone to those who do not have the capability to watch online services or engage in our church events.
- Keep giving faithfully. About 80% of our budget is fixed expenses. Give online or mail in your tithes and offerings.
- Join us in an online prayer meeting next Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. I will send out a Zoom link to everyone in the email list early next week. If you do not get emails from us regularly send your address to Pastor John at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pray for your church every day. Our mission is still relevant.
- Pray for those who are isolated with little or no opportunity to be ministered to or to minister.
- I am planning to bring on some new members. If you have filled out forms or expressed interest in joining I will be in touch. If you have not made it known that you want to join but now want to let me know. I will meet with you online. Also, for those who have not filled out our form I am working up an electronic version of that for you to fill out. Just let me know.
- Please see the attached schedule of online events through Easter Sunday. Share this with others and make your plans to join us as you are able.
Thanks for being the Church!
Dr. Scott J. Davis
Central Manor Church