Central Manor Church Family,
I trust this letter finds you and your family well and rejoicing in God’s goodness. In this season of change our God remains constant. In the words of the psalmist, “…give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for His steadfast love endures forever!” (Psalm 106:1)
In an effort to keep you informed of what is happening at Central Manor Church, our staff would like to remind and make you aware of the following:
- Worship Services – Since most people are watching our worship services on Sundays, we will be discontinuing our showing on Saturday evenings. Please log on at https://centralmanorchurch.online.church on Sundays at 8:15 a.m., 10:45 a.m., or 1:00 p.m. to watch our prerecorded service with live chat interaction with our pastors and church family.
- Sunday School – Our study through the Gospel Project curriculum continues through Facebook Live on Sunday mornings at 9:30 a.m. Pastor Jeremy is now also posting a kid-friendly version on our Facebook page that you do not want to miss. Be sure to like and share our page by visiting facebook.com/CentralManorChurchofGod/.
- Evening Devotions – Nightly devotions are continuing each weeknight at 7:30 through Facebook Live. Content is usually related to our Sunday School lesson from Sunday morning.
- Evening Prayer Time – Pastor Scott has been hosting a weekly prayer meeting through Zoom on Wednesday evenings at 6:30. Please watch your church email or contact Pastor John for information on how to gain access for this important time of prayer.
- Ladies Bible Study – Our ladies have resumed meeting through Zoom on Thursday evenings at 7:30. Please reach out to Deanna Warner or Kim Eshleman for details on how you can join and participate.
- Youth – Pastor Jeremy has been hosting a youth Bible study through Zoom on Wednesday nights at 6:30 and a game time on Sunday nights at 6:30. Please contact Pastor Jeremy for information on how your teen can gain access to these meetings.
- Small Groups – While our church leadership has divided our members and regular attenders into smaller groups to provide spiritual care during this time apart, we’d like to build into the fabric of our church a more extensive and stronger small group ministry where our members can better care for one another. Please pray with us as we hope to lay the foundation for these groups in the coming months.
- Returning to Church – With restrictions slowly being lifted across Pennsylvania we are anticipating and planning for the best ways for us to return to our building to worship in person again as a church family. It is expected that we will initially need to be creative and flexible as we meet in smaller and isolated groups around the building. With the end of May being our target date for a return, we are currently discussing plans to kick things off with an outdoor service on Memorial Day weekend, particularly on Sunday, May 24. We’re not yet sure what this will look like, but we are anticipating a drive-in service with attendees participating from the safety of their own vehicles. Stay tuned over the next week or two as plans are finalized. Please be praying that God would give us wisdom as there are many details to consider in hosting such an event.
- Central Manor Church Cares – With the passing of each week we do not want to neglect the fact that there are undoubtedly people in our church and community in need. If you or someone you know is struggling in any way, Central Manor is here to help. Many have stepped forward to offer assistance with food and finances as needs become known. If you know of a need, please reach out to Pastor John or submit the request through our church web site at https://www.centralmanorchurch.org/cmccares/. We will keep your request confidential and minister to your need as we are able.
On behalf of our church staff, thank you for your prayers and participation as we have all been forced to make many adjustments in these recent weeks. We love you, miss you, and I know of at least one pastor and his family who are anxious to meet you! By God’s grace, we’ll be able to gather soon and share stories of all the wonderful things that our faithful God has been doing during these days apart. Until then, love and obey God and love and serve people!
Pastor of Connections & Operations