May 15, 2020
Central Manor Church Family,
After two months of being physically apart, the time has come for us to consider a plan for reassembling as a congregation. The Elders have met and agreed to move forward with tentative plans for worship services on the church property beginning with an outdoor drive-in service on Sunday, May 24 and then services in our building beginning Sunday, May 31. Should these plans change, every effort will be made to communicate this as soon as possible. This decision was made after much discussion, research, counsel, and prayer and we trust that it will be welcomed by our congregation in faith, trusting that God will continue to direct our steps in the days ahead.
While we recognize that opinions will vary, the following factors contributed to our decision.
- In Pennsylvania, churches were never placed on the non-essential business list and thus it was never mandated that they be closed. Services at Central Manor Church were voluntarily suspended until details concerning the severity of COVID-19 became more available.
- With protective measures put in place across the state, statistics show that the curve has been flattened. This would indicate that the risk has been significantly reduced as demonstrated by the Governor’s announcements in recent weeks of moving most counties to the yellow phase of reopening. While Lancaster County is not yet on the Governor’s list to move into this phase, local officials have joined other neighboring counties in communicating their intent to do so beginning Friday, May 15.
- Select other churches in our community have resumed meeting, some by way of drive-in services and others with in-person gatherings in their church facilities.
- Many in our church family have expressed their desire to resume on-site gatherings.
- Our leadership believes action can be taken to put measures in place to meet safely and reduce the risk to those who chose to attend our services.
For those who choose to attend our drive-in services on May 24 and services in our facility beginning May 31, please review the Newsletter post Guidelines for Reassembling prior to your arrival. Our leadership team would greatly appreciate your cooperation so we can resume our worship services on-site in the safest and most orderly way possible to both reduce the risk of illness and reassure those who may yet have concerns.
Thanks for your prayers as we take these next steps of faith.
For the entire leadership team…
Pastor of Connections & Operations