Sermon Outline Oct 10, 2021
Obeying God by disobeying the King
Shadrach, Meshack, and Abednego and the fiery furnace
Daniel 3 (ESV)
I. A summit for all of the leaders in the empire called to Babylon. (1-3)
II. All leaders were commanded to give their loyalty to Nebuchadnezzar through worshiping the golden statue. (4-6).
III. The worship service commenced. (7)
IV. There was a disturbance during the worship of the statue – some refused to participate. (8-12)
V. Nebuchadnezzar goes into a rage because Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego refused to disobey God by worshiping the statue. (13-15)
VI. Shadrach, Meshack, and Abednego physically, and verbally show their commitment to obeying God. (16-18)
VII. Shadrach, Meshack, and Abednego pay the price for disobeying the government. (19-24)
VIII. God preserved Shadrach, Meshack, and Abednego from the wrath of the King. (25-27)
IX. Nebuchadnezzar worshiped God because of the testimony of the three who obeyed God rather than man. (28-30)
1. Obey the government where you can – engage in your world, be a part, don’t isolate yourself unnecessarily.
2. Be a person of biblical conviction – know and apply the Bible.
3. Take a stand where you can’t obey the government – let others know.
4. Be willing to pay the price for your obedience to God.
5. Let your commitment to God be a testimony to the world around you.